You might have seen these little seeds in your grocery store right next to the flax seeds and you were probably wondering what they were, how they can benefit you, and maybe even several recipes that involve them. You don’t have to wonder anymore because I’m telling you all about them today. Chia seeds are amazing and you will find out why as you keep scrolling and reading of course.
What are Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds are a plant also called the Salvia columbariae which is a part of the mint family, having mostly basal, oblong leaves and small blue flowers: the seeds are used as food and as the source of a beverage.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
- A great source of Calcium
- Filled with Fiber and antioxidants
- Amazing plant based protein
- tons of omega 3 fatty acids which are also contained in the amazing nutrient filled flax seeds and walnuts.
- No cholesterol
Facts on Chia Seeds:
- When Chia seeds are mixed or combined with liquids such as milk, yogurt, juice, or water, they form a gel like substance due to the amount of soluble fiber that they contain.
- Reasearchers are stating that chia seeds have the highest known amounts of essential omega-3’s, more protein, energy producing vitamins, and fiber than any other whole grain.
Nutrion Facts of TruRoots Chia Seeds shown above:
Meal Options including Chia Seeds:
- Add chia seeds to your broth based soups for a super boost of nutrients
- Use in your meatloaf instead of bread crumbs, turkey meatloaf of course
- Use as a breading for baking fish instead of flour
- sprinkle on yogurt
- sprinkle on baked zucchini
- sprinkle on your oatmeal
Add this super food to your clean diet today for an extra nutrient boost to any meal.
Remember its your body Never Give Up
Follow me on twitter for fitness and nutrition tips @tatianaeugenia
Subscribe to my you tube channel many more videos to come: http://www.youtube.com/user/ItisTatianaScott?feature=mhee
Join me and Tati’s Destroyers on meetup.com Houston, TX: http://www.meetup.com/SkatingSprintsandAerobics/
I’m Pinning, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/itstatianascott/
Instagram: Tatiana Scott
It’s Your Body Never Give Up