If you have read my about me section than you know that diabetes and obesity runs on both sides of my family, so everyday I have to make a conscious decision to stay in shape. There are only a select few that can eat whatever they want and still have a low body fat percentage and I am not one of them. I learned at an early age that I have to workout and eat right to prevent food related diseases and for that I am thankful. Some individuals metabolism’s don’t start changing until later on in age and they have to learn to eat healthy after making bad choices all of their life. If you are like me be happy that you know now, because you can make a change right now. These are my top 7 reasons for staying in shape, what are yours. Plan, prepare, and set goals. Without a plan how do you know where you are going. Write down your goal, plan and don’t stop until you achieve it.
- My future kids, I want to be able to run around and play with them and even my grand kids. You are responsibly for the eating choices that your kids make at a early age.
- I want all my limbs and extremities, My mom and other family members are without certain extremities do to unhealthy eating choices and lifestyles. Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol are all very serious, it is so important to make conscious eating choices, perform cardiovascular activites, and to build lean muscle.
- I love being able to fit in my favorite dresses without love handles hanging over the sides. Some might think that is superficial, but I’m being honesty. Anyone who knows me, knows I don’t leave home without my 3 to 5 inch heels, I would even wear them to the gym if I didn’t get weird looks.
- Feeling amazing, I can’t explain the way I feel when I am doing plyometrics, running heels, rollerblading, strength training, etc. when those endorphins get going I am unstoppable.
- Leading by example, the worst thing is to have someone who talks about health and fitness and is obese.
- Fitness competitions, I still have a long way to go, but knowing that I am going to have to get on the stage in front of a huge crowd makes me try that much harder. You should try it, it definitely works. Set a date, get a trainer, and don’t stop.
- Jesus, I try to keep him at the center of my life, I’m definitely not perfect, but I try, he says your body is your temple. You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. What are you doing to his body? (I have to ask myself this also)
My Goal 125 to 135lbs, 13% body fat, I want to be cut to pieces:-), It’s about how you want to see yourself, not about anyone else. What motivates you?
Follow me on twitter for fitness and nutrition tips @tatianaeugenia
Subscribe to my you tube channel many more videos to come: http://www.youtube.com/user/ItisTatianaScott?feature=mhee
Join me and Tati’s Destroyers on meetup.com Houston, TX: http://www.meetup.com/SkatingSprintsandAerobics/
I’m Pinning, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/itstatianascott/
Instagram: Tatiana Scott
It’s Your Body Never Give Up