Up next for Vegetable Week is one of my favorites. I love spinach, Popeye wasnt strong for no reason. Spinach is filled with several vitamins and minerals that will do your body good. Rule of thumb when choosing vegetables: the ones with the most color have the most nutrients. I hope you are ready to hear all about the wonderful spinach and I can’t wait to tell you about it.
What is Spinach?
Is an edible type of flowering plant
Benefits of Spinach
- Flavinoids: Spinach is filled with flavinoids which is a phytonutrient that has the properties to slow down cells dividing in skin cancer and in our stomachs.
- Antioxidants: Spinach is filled with Vitamin E, Vitamin C, maganese, zinc, beta-carotene, and selenium which are strong vitamins that assist in preventing osteoporosis, high blood pressure, and atherosclerosis.
- Vitamin K: Spinach has tons of vitamin K which helps prevent strokes and cardiovascular disease
- Vitamin A: Spinach Contains high amounts of vitamin A which brings moisture to your skin preventing the early onset of wrinkles, dry skin, and psorasis perfect for our beauty product lovers:-)
How does Spinach Assist in Weight Loss
Dietary Fiber: Spinach is filled with dietary fiber which helps maintain low blood sugar levels and curbs overeating (perfect for diabetics and individuals trying to lose weight)
Nutrients in 1 Cup of Spinach
|Serving Size 1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat 1
|% Daily Values*|
|Total Fat 0.12g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.019g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.05g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.003g|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.09g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3%|
Meal Ideas for Spinach
- Spinach Salad: 1 cup of spinach, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, olive oil, vinegar, and Mrs. Dash Seasoning.
- Eat Spinach as a side dish to any Turkey, Chicken, or Fish Meal.
- Add spinach to your protein shake you will be suprised you won’t even taste it but you still get all the nutrients.
- Spinach wrap- wrap turkey, tomatoes, onions, and mustard in a big piece of spinach for a wonderful snack.
Add Spinach to your clean diet today, you body will be happy you did.
Remember its your body Never Give Up
Follow me on twitter for fitness and nutrition tips @tatianaeugenia
Subscribe to my you tube channel many more videos to come: http://www.youtube.com/user/ItisTatianaScott?feature=mhee
Join me and Tati’s Destroyers on meetup.com Houston, TX: http://www.meetup.com/SkatingSprintsandAerobics/
I’m Pinning, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/itstatianascott/
Instagram: Tatiana Scott
It’s Your Body Never Give Up
Vegetable Week Spinach and Weight Loss[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]