When you are on a mission to eat healthy and tasty you have to get creative and here is where my lean turkey and quinoa stuffed peppers come on the scene. They are a perfect complete meal consisting of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, and good fats, so you definitely can’t go wrong. Here is the recipe which is a healthy version of one I found on the back of a package of quinoa, let me know what you think.
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 4 large or 6 medium green peppers
- 2cups of water
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2TBSP of olive oil or coconut oil(I used coconut oil)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 package of Lean Ground Turkey, I used 99/1
- season turkey with Mrs Dash of your choice 2 tbsp, you can also use your favorite seasoning as well. Remember due to reduction in fat of lean turkey you have to season a little more to bring out the taste.
- optional low fat mozzarella cheese( I did not use this)
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Cook quina following directions on the package or box. Steam 4 large or 6 medium green peppers until soft, but not limp. In a large skillet saute the onions, garlic, and left over bell peper with your coconut oil or olive oil, add the lean turkey and cook until brown, fold in quinoa. Place pepper in baking dish and fill with quinoa mixture, the remainder of the mix can be poured around peppers with water. If you choose to use mozzarella cheese now is the time to sprinkle on top of mixture.
Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes on 325 degrees.
Healthy eating is never boring, you just have to improvise and be creative.
Always remember you only have one body, never give up on it.
Follow me on twitter for fitness and nutrition tips @fitwithcurves
Subscribe to my you tube channel many more videos to come: http://www.youtube.com/user/ItisTatianaScott?feature=mhee
Join me and Tati’s Destroyers on meetup.com Houston, TX: http://www.meetup.com/SkatingSprintsandAerobics/
I’m Pinning, Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/fitwithcurves/
It’s Your Body Never Give Up