As a certified personal trainer and nutritionist my clients are always wanting a easy way to reach their recommended protein intake for the day while on the go. There are tons of protein powders on the market; however not all of them are beneficial to your health. Some questions you want to ask yourself when choosing a protein shake that not only promotes lean muscle, but is healthy for you are as follows:
- How many grams of sugars/carbohydrates does this protein powder have?
- Are there any artificial sugars?Human reports to FDA, too, have associated aspartame(artificial sugar) to minor adverse reactions and life-threatening conditions that include:
- Change in vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Insomnia / sleep problems
- Abdominal and joint pains
- Change in heart rate
- Memory loss
- Brain cancer
- Are there any chemicals in the protein powder that I would not want in my body?
- How many grams of protein are in the shake? Does it help you meet your protein requirement for the day.
- Does it Mix well?
- Is the type of protein that is being used going to affect my health or digestive system?
- How many grams of fat does it have?
- How many calories does it have?
Why do I love Arbonne?
- no artificial sugars
- no whey protein or milk derivatives which can cause problems if you are lactose intolerant
- 20 grams of protein
- only 170 calories per serving
- only 4.5 grams of fat
- tons of nutrients and vitamins
- Vegan Friendly
- You can read the ingredients.
- Filled with amino acids
My Favorite Protein Shake Blend:
- 1 serving of Arbonne Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
- One serving of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk. (make sure you don’t see carrageenan on the label).
- 1 serving of low glycemic index fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, cherries, or blackberries.
Click any of the picture above to purchase my favorite vegan protein blend and comment with questions. Make sure you are following me on all my social media sites @fitwithcurves. I post daily.