Healthy snacks are closer than you think, it’s all about thinking outside the box and getting creative with your healthy choices. As with all meals you want to think of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, green vegetables and or a low glycemic index fruit. Because no one should be in taking less than 1200 calories a day divided by 6 to 7 meals, your meals including snacks should never be less than 200 calories. Here are my top ten favorite snacks that you are going to want to try.
1. 4 to 6 oz of non fat Greek yogurt, 6-12 almonds, walnuts, or a tsp of flax or chia seeds, and 1 serving of a low glycemic index fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
2. a Green protein smoothie, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of kale, 1 and a 1/2 cups of cold almond milk, 1 serving of a plant based or whey protein powder, 1 tsp of honey, and 1 tsp of flax seeds.
3. Gluten free turkey wrap- 3 oz of lean turkey, 1 Ezekiel bread or gluten free tortilla, 1 tsp of avocado, 1 tsp of spicy mustard, 1 slice of tomato, and 1/2 cup of kale all rolled up.
4. Zucchini chips-1 cup of thinly sliced zucchini with 1 tsp of olive oil, thinly slice zucchini, line up on a cookie sheet, place in oven for 3-5 minutes until they reach your desired crispness. serve with a 3 to 4 oz chicken breast diced for a lean protein addition.
5. Chia Chocolate Pudding- 1 cup of non fat Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tsp of stevia, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 3 tbsp of of chia seeds all mixed up and served slightly frozen or cold.
6. Strawberry, peanut butter, protein smoothie- 1 cup of strawberries, 1 tbsp of all natural peanut butter, 1 scoop of your favorite plant based or whey protein powder, and 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk.
7. Protein Almond Butter Pancakes- 1/4 cup of water, 1 tbsp of almond butter, 1 packet or 1 tsp of stevia, 2 tbsp of sugar free syrup, and 1 scoop of your favorite whey or plant based protein powder.
Always remember that healthy eating does not have to be boring, but you do have to get creative. These are just several out of thousands of ways to snack healthy.
Follow me on all my social media sites @fitwithcurves, I post daily